New Years Eve in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 13 November 2006 2.47pm
Friends of mine from America are coming to stay in London and will be here on New Years eve. They want to know what restaurant they can go to for both dinner and dancing. Anyone any suggestions?
Anonymous User
Monday 13 November 2006 3.52pm
I would suggest throwing the bolts and staying in until all of the silliness is over!

Check Timeout or toptable, probably your best best.
Anonymous User
Monday 13 November 2006 10.30pm
Tuesday 14 November 2006 8.20am
You are a star! Which one would you choose?
Tuesday 14 November 2006 9.11am
Cafe de Paris - the Yanks will love it
Anonymous User
Tuesday 14 November 2006 10.14am
I'd choose Dover Street but I stand by my first suggestion of not going anywhere in central London on new years eve.

But then I am a bit of a bah humbug!
Tuesday 14 November 2006 7.32pm
The Pont de la Tour is advertising what they describe as a "1920s and 1930s gala dinner", which seems to be followed by a party (although the website doesn't actually mention dancing).

Pont de la Tour
ADT
Tuesday 21 November 2006 9.59am
On a similar note, I have relatives coming down to stay for New Year and they want to be out amongst the masses around Westminster to see the fireworks launched from the London Eye. Can anyone tell me how early we'll need to get to Westminster Bridge/north bank of the river to get a decent spot to watch the fireworks on the Eye?

I've found one website advising arriving by 9pm, but I'm thinking that three hours stood out there might be a bit boring unless there are usually any pre-fireworks entertainments...
Tuesday 21 November 2006 11.46am
The view from Lambeth Bridge was fine. We arrived about ten minutes in advance. They dont last very long, so you might cheated if you had waited 3 hours.
ADT
Tuesday 21 November 2006 1.38pm
Isn't the view from Lambeth Bridge a bit side on? The Eye fireworks usually seem designed to be viewed along the axis of the Eye, although I must admit that's the only way I've ever seen them as that is the view we get from home. Unfortunately I get the impression that our guests may feel cheated if they aren't sandwiched between vast hoards of drunken revellers, so I'm trapped between finding somewhere that will be busy by midnight, but that won't be so packed we have to be there ridiculously far in advance.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: