IPOD repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 20 November 2006 4.57pm
Anyone know if this possible? And if so where?
My husband didn't empty his pockets and I put his jeans, and IPOD nano through the wash...
It's dried out now, but isn't working.
On a separate note, I have a portable dvd player about 3 yrs old, Sony, and that too has conked out. Is there anywhere locally that does that kind of repair?
Tuesday 21 November 2006 11.55am
it is a sad state of affairs, but it's almost certain to be cheaper /easier to buy a new one.

i feel that we have now truly entered a throw away society.

a new pair of shoes in ASDA - 14. might last a year, or two, to get them repaired after that time, probably 25/30
Tuesday 21 November 2006 12.31pm
Colleague of mine has just inquired with Apple how much to get an IPOD fixed. Shocking results are as follows.

* IPOD 166.29 (Nano: 136.49)
* fee for battery 49.00

That's including the VAT though....
Wednesday 22 November 2006 1.45pm
I thought that might be the case.
SHOCKING!!!!
They aren't cheap to start with.
Wednesday 22 November 2006 7.02pm
My son kept sending his back and finally they sent him a new one.
Thursday 30 November 2006 10.03am
You can buy a replacement battery from Maplins and change it yourself, it makes the warranty invalid, but if you've had it for more than a year then it's out of warranty anyway. You can download instructions on how to change the battery from the internet. I've never had to do it but friends of mine have and now theirs are as good as new.
Wednesday 6 December 2006 12.11pm
I think that Ipods are actually only made to last a year, after which time they will start going wrong and you'll have to buy a new one - I'm sure I read a quote from Apple somewhere that said that. I have a mini Ipod and the battery lasts for about 25 minutes before going dead. If I were to buy a new mp3 player, it would absolutely definitely not be an Ipod.
Wednesday 6 December 2006 2.34pm
Have you tried re-installing the factory settings? I have just done that with mine and it fixed it. Probably a different problem though, mine kept flicking through the same songs, but not playing them properly.
Wednesday 6 December 2006 5.57pm
My iPod Mini is also suffering from a declining battery. I reckon it's still hours, but I am sure it will end up useless.

But Apple are very good at bringing out better products for less money, making their older product less desirable.

I have fallen for it... bought a new Shuffle with the clip already.

As JonR says, that's life ..
Thursday 7 December 2006 12.27pm
yes it is, but it shouldn't have to be like that.

What have you done with the old one? has it been recycled, sold on, freecycled? taken apart into its constituent pieces and re-used some how? or was it just left in a draw to be forgotten about, or even worse, thrown in the trash?!

it's not you i'm ranting at - it's society in general that's getting me riled - or maybe it's turning 30 that's making me a grumpy 'old' man!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: