Advice on Renting Outside London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 23 November 2006 8.48am

Need advice on cheap/nice place to rent 1 bedroom flat outside London.

Basically I want a place outside London. I am a self employed individual working from home but with be coming into London 2 - 3 times a week. So good transport link is a must with maximum travel time of 1 hour will be ideal.

Thank you for your time.
Thursday 23 November 2006 10.35am
This is the SE1 website- obviously everyone is going to recommend you rent here!
Thursday 23 November 2006 10.41am
Thank you for your response Sarah, since everyone here is going to recommend something. May I ask of your recommendation?

Thursday 23 November 2006 11.02am
Hi Newbie,
Sorry, I think you misread my response.
The SE1 website is called SE1 because that is the London postcode it refers to. This is a website for people who live in that particular area of London.
I was saying that this seems an odd place to post a question about NOT living in London.
As for recommendations- I have no idea. Depends where in London you want to commute to.
Thursday 23 November 2006 11.31am
yes, it would be silly for us to recomend that you rent somewhere in Kent when you acutually need to be in Wembley when you're in London, likewise, no use us recomending Cambridge to rent, if you have to be in Croydon!

if you don't mind a 2.5 hour commute to Paddington, i'd recommend living in The Arboretum in Worcester. old victorian terraced houses near to city centre and canal, 5 mins walk from Shrub Hill Station. Or alternatively somewhere nearer on the same line, Pershore, or Evesham, Kingham, Charlbury, Morton-in Marsh, maybe even Oxford (but rent would start getting higher as you get nearer) - i do know someone who commutes by coach from Oxford.
Thursday 23 November 2006 12.08pm
I'm studying at Cambridge at the mo and commute back to SE1 on Fridays, returning Monday mornings. The fast trains twice an hour are good- 45 mins to Kings Cross nonstop, however, even with my young persons railcard it is 16.55 a time, so remember that the cost may be prohibitive.
Thursday 23 November 2006 1.12pm
Please do not be offended by posting in this forum honestly I was not aware that domain does represent a postcode. However Internet is all about sharing information irrespective of geography.

Your response could be useful to others as well.

I only did a google search moving to London and this website came up high in google Page Ranking PR.

Thanks to everyone that have responded.
Thursday 23 November 2006 1.48pm
No offence taken- I just thought that this website might not be the best place for that particular question. Hope you've got some ideas- and if not, then come to SE1 and live right in the centre of town!
Thursday 23 November 2006 1.52pm
Tell us a bit more about what you're looking for, where in London you need to get to, how do you travel etc.
Thursday 23 November 2006 3.41pm
Thank you all for your time in responding to my post. I like to live in quite residential area ideally 1 bedroom flat. Like I mentioned earlier I will be coming into London 2 -3 times in a week. And will be visiting clients based in North-West and some also in SE as well central London. I have a car but sometimes would like to use public transport.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: