DIY Hell . help me find someone

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 27 November 2006 4.43pm
my husband wants to build the kitchen himself. I totally bricking it and i want to use a company called optiplan he thinks he can do this himself and i wanted to know if anyone else has used any good kitchen fitters in and around london area. i have to show him that prices are not that bad down here because hes got it stuck in his head that its going to cost a fortune. or even if there any people on here that are kitchen fitters in their spear time ,, let me know ,, PLEASE !!!!
Monday 27 November 2006 5.56pm
Will people never learn? You cannot plug something on this site without declaring if you are in some way connected to them.
Otherwise it undermines any other recommendations. ....
Monday 27 November 2006 6.08pm
I was suspicious too, but I can't find any evidence that this isn't genuine.

If it is spam, it's at least a little more sophisticated than most attempts!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 27 November 2006 8.02pm
i fitted my own kitchen, with help from brother, and father-in-law, and it was in my opinion fairly easy. Admitedly i got someone in to do a few tricky electrical bits, and i didn't move any of the plumbing around (units etc, are all mostly in same place as before).

if you feel up to it, give it a go yourself.

although if you are going to buy it through optiplan, you may as well get them to fit it too, and then you'll get a professional finish
Jac
Monday 27 November 2006 8.49pm
Im a bit sus imho theres a difference in fitting and building a kitchen and you talk about both which do you want? If your looking at having a bespoke kitchen built, then fitting is only a small part of the cost. If you are just looking for a fitter Im not so sure a company that produces bespoke kitchens would be prepared to fit any but their own.
Tuesday 28 November 2006 7.48am
A lot of the "ready made" kitchens will send a fitter too (at a price). If you want to BUILD it - because, say, you have a funny shaped space or you want something unusual, then you really MUST get a qualified carpenter. It really depends on how lavish a job you want to do.
Tuesday 28 November 2006 3.42pm
Thanks for the replys , and i wouldnt dream of spamming , i thought spamming was when people put lots and lots of messages of the same thing?
Anyways , as for the building of the kitchen, i have at least convinced him not to actually build the units him self and he has agreed if we go down that route to hire a carpenter , thanks for that advice "JACKIE". But if we do buy buy or get them built im still not 100 % convinced he can fit them. but time will tell.
Tuesday 28 November 2006 4.51pm
Toddygirl, we just wondered if you had some connection with the kitchen company you mention? If so you have to declare it, not use the site for free advertising!
If not then hope you found what you were looking for here.
Wednesday 29 November 2006 8.18am
And once again, my man Mariusz will do a great job for you, plumbing, tiling and all, 07919-037194. Tell you husband that cheap is dear, and there's a lot to be said for having it done in a few days than having weeks of messing about, having the debris all over the house, and getting it wrong in the end...
Wednesday 29 November 2006 2.55pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
... Tell you husband that cheap is dear, and there's a lot to be said for having it done in a few days than having weeks of messing about, having the debris all over the house, and getting it wrong in the end...

if only MrsR had had this advice....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: