Small Washer Dryer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 December 2006 11.19am
Hi there
My RUBBISH washer dryer (which doesn't dry, just makes things as hot as the sun, and damp), has broken and I need to replace it.
Our kitchen is very small and the standard washer dryers have a depth of 580mm whereas we can only fit in one of 530/540mm.
Our old one (less than 2 yrs old and a FAGOR one) doesn't appear to vent anywhere so maybe that's why it's not drying properly.
Anyway, an internet search has not proved fruitful so does anyone else have any ideas for a smaller than average washer dryer please?
Monday 1 January 2007 9.49am
I'll be very interested to know whether ANYONE has had absolute success with a washer/dryer...I agree with Sarah, it all seemed to me it was a very damp solution.
Monday 1 January 2007 12.54pm

Mine is great. I have the Miele WT2670 which is my only really expensive appliance. I decided to splash out the extra for various reasons - Miele is supposedly second to none for longevity, the water and power consumption are extremely low compared to other models, and it's so quiet you can barely hear it while it's on, which is important when you live (as I do) in a flat with no wall between the washing machine and the TV. Plus, at the time when I bought it, it came with a free 5 year warranty.

I suppose its only downside, beside the high purchase price, is that it only has a 5kg capacity (2.5kg for drying). Also it would be of no use to the OP because it is not smaller than average.

Having said all that, I stand to be corrected on any of the above points of recommendation as I have so far only had it a few weeks.

Monday 1 January 2007 2.30pm
I'd be interested in hearing about washer dryers that work, because in my experience, they cannot dry clothes. I've resorted to using the laundrette for drying. <-- free stuff and get rid of your unwanted stuff
Monday 1 January 2007 9.42pm
And they use a lot of energy. We have an old fashioned rack from John Lewis attached to our bathroom ceiling, which you can lower, which is possibly as fast as a dryer would be.

A washing machine repair man suggested the next time I needed to buy an odd sized washing machine I approach the manufacturer. They apparently do have them, but they are not stocked by volume retailers. (I did have a strange French one once which was top loading and fit into a tall but thin cupboard, os assume other countries have different specifications.)

Wednesday 3 January 2007 5.27pm
we just put the machine on for a long spin after it's finished, and use hanging racks /clothes horses in our flat, with a dehumidifier - which takes about a bucket full of water per hour out of the air. realy quickens up the drying.
Thursday 4 January 2007 11.01pm
I do that too, but I find I need the dehumidifier on all the time this time of year whether I've got washing or not, what with the windows here at MCH!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: