Juicers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 January 2007 11.36pm
I'm thinking of buying one, but I'm wondering if it will be used for a month and then spend the rest of its life on top of the kitchen cupboards.

Anyone use one? Are they economical? Messy? Worth the hassle?
Tuesday 9 January 2007 8.06am
I have a Jack La lane one... and after a mad bout of making juices it does not get used more than once a month now! the washing bit i did not find difficult though. I think when you read the instructions they give you the impression that you must drink the juice fresh to get the benefits and if you have a gallon of apple juice/carrot juice etc...thinking about it though i suppose i could freeze it..
After buying it, I saw loads advertised on e-bay!
Tuesday 9 January 2007 8.08am
and i forgot to add if you have a small kitchen they are difficult to find a space for as the J.L.Lane one is bulky..mind you the carrot and sweet potatoe one- plus ginger is lovely.
Jac
Tuesday 9 January 2007 10.12am
Unless you drink a lot of juice I personally think they are a waste of time. You will only use it if it is out on the work top and in my kitchen worktop space is far to precious.

There is quite a bit wash up for a glass of juice and the additonal nutrtional benefits of fresh juices over shop brought are as Jan said short lived ie make and drink immediately.

I would save the money and use it to buy better quality ready prepared juice. If you like orange juice it might be worth buying a citrus press attachment for a food processor if you have one. My magimix does earn its place on the work top as it is used regularly and the only single use machines that do have a place are the coffee machine and the breadmaker, both used almost daily.
Tuesday 9 January 2007 11.08am
I've got a Magimix juice maker which I use for a carrot, apple and ginger juice everyday. I do think there a health benefits of drinking fresh juice, but it will take 10 minutes a day to prepare the fruit/veg, juice it and clean out the machine.
Tuesday 9 January 2007 12.59pm
Thanks for the replies. My appliances are fighting for worktop space as it is. Perhaps worth a miss for the time being.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: