A little bit of snow and ...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 8 February 2007 5.16am
Well here's the first one of the day ...

5:03am
"Sudbury Hill Station closed due to slippery platforms."
-TfL

Oh how I laugh.
Thursday 8 February 2007 10.38am
I took a cab into work (I feel I should indulge myself sometimes) and it was a breeze. Hardly any traffic once we got over tower bridge.... Roughly about 50% of my co-workers seem to have managed to make it in.

I'm hoping it will keep going for a little while - snowball fight over lunch anyone?
Jac
Thursday 8 February 2007 11.44am
Tattie London snow doesn't last til lunch time!
Thursday 8 February 2007 12.01pm
I had a snowball fight with my son in the garden this morning and it was great fun! not looking forward to tonight though when this all freezes up!!
Thursday 8 February 2007 12.16pm
Just noticed it stopped again..... it's not fair, I wanted to make a snowman!
Thursday 8 February 2007 12.30pm
Last night I walked down Bermondsey Street, the gritters had been out during the afternoon. So this morning, though Tower Bridge Road would be less hassle to walk to work, no big mistake. It was horrible, very slippery.
Friday 9 February 2007 12.57pm
A day late but heyho! I too found the pavements extremely slippery though sufficient precautions seemed to be in place for motorists. I could not believe the weather reports yesterday morning - "don't travel unless absolutely necessary. If you must use your car, take food, water and warm clothing with you." Did I miss a massive snowfall somewhere? Four inches was about the best I could find (no phnar phnar comments - eh?). Why is it that we have the technology to forecast these things but not the infrastructure to deal with them? Mmmmm

No matter how I struggle and strive, I'll never get out of this world alive. - Little Willys
Friday 9 February 2007 1.47pm
For a nation obsessed with weather we are very poor at coping with it unless it is a clear, mild day.
Friday 9 February 2007 1.57pm
Ah - but then it will be the wrong kind of clear day and the tube still won't run ;o)

It does not cease to amaze me...
Friday 9 February 2007 2.17pm
To be fair mos the folk in my office who get trains in only had problems on the tube yesterday.

Why?

There ain't no snow clouds down there!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: