Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 February 2007 12.49pm
has anyone ever had the shock of finding an item in woolworths with the price on it?
Why do they find it so difficult. Honestly, go into the one at elephant and count how many things are not priced. Or any othe woolies. Its so wierd. I mean everything in superdrug is priced. I just don't get it.
Monday 12 February 2007 11.27pm
Vote with your feet! Pricebusters is very good for little bits you think you'd never find.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.43am
where's Pricebuster? I don't think I've ever seen one?

More to the point, where's Wilkinson's when you need one, or is that just a northern thing???
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.50am
Pricebusters is the DIY/hardware shop at the Elephant. Diagonally across from WH Smith.

There are some Wilkinsons stores in London. There's one in Stratford - a short ride from SE1 on the Jubilee line

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 2.23pm
The one at the Elephant's nowhere near as bad as the one in Camberwell! You CAN shop online at Woolworths - everything's priced and you can have it delivered to your nearest store if you'd prefer.

No matter how I struggle and strive, I'll never get out of this world alive. - Little Willys
Wednesday 14 February 2007 4.59pm
Perhaps Woolies think that because they "stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap" there is no point in pricing stuff.

Isn't it all just tat in there?
Wednesday 14 February 2007 5.17pm
You can get a good bargain in there though, sometimes, occasionally....
Wednesday 14 February 2007 5.54pm
Nevermind Woolies- please can WHSMITH get some more staff, open some tills, and actually serve people!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: