Lunar eclipse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 3 March 2007 9.47pm
Anybody watching it?

Best one in decades apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6411991.stm

It's a clear night, and the Moon is already starting to disappear...

:-)
Monday 5 March 2007 12.27am
An amazing response to this thread :-)
Monday 5 March 2007 1.12am
hahahaha, indeed. did you take the picture yourself? its beautiful
Monday 5 March 2007 9.28am
Went to see a movie last Saturday evening and walked back home. Managed to see quite a bit of the eclipse at various stages but unfortunately not the full eclipse.... It was nice though
Monday 5 March 2007 11.01am
I could clearly see it from my balcony. I stayed there for an hour with my binoculars. But the moon was blue and not orange. Really beautiful, sort of icy blue. My neighbours looked suspiciously at me, maybe they thought I was spying on them...Well, I had a small peek, I must admit but did not see any gorgeous naked man. Otherwise, I might have stared at his moon all night long!
Monday 5 March 2007 6.21pm
i'd been out in Brick Lane, and decided to walk home. earlier we'd noticed that the moon was full, and as i walked home i noticed that i could see a very thin slither of the moon. as i walked home it got bigger, until it was over half full again, and i thought that i'd probably missed the eclipse. i found out today that it lasted until 11:58 - i left the bar just after 12, and got home at about five to one.

so i didn't see the eclipse, but i did see the moon going from very thin to over half full which was very good (especially after several pints)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: