Chicken wire...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 14 March 2007 5.03pm
Posting this makes me feel a bit thick, but having never needed to buy chicken wire before I have absolutely no idea where I could get some from - does anyone have any ideas? I don't need much - I want to make a papier mache head for a fancy dress party, and need chicken wire (or something like it) for the frame. I have googled chicken wire, and done a yellow pages search for garden centres, but neither yielded anything of any use.
Wednesday 14 March 2007 5.37pm
B&Q?
Wednesday 14 March 2007 6.35pm
A Bernard Matthews in Norfolk might have some spare....

What about an old fashioned tool etc shop (I dont know the name for this type of hardware shop that sells mainly to the building trade) such as Morrells at Kennington Cross. If they did not stock it they might know who does.
Thursday 15 March 2007 10.32am
bermondsey wallpapers down the blue, cant think of number definitely still there, hardware and haberdashery,garden,make radiator covers as well, nice old shop, just past the little market .
Thursday 15 March 2007 12.18pm
www.meshdirect.co.uk
Thursday 15 March 2007 12.22pm
have you tried Lidl ??
Thursday 15 March 2007 1.09pm
Ha! Do you think Lidl will be diversifying its outdoor pursuits range?!

I checked B&Q and Wickes online, but they didn't have any.

Where is the Blue? It's in Bermondsey isn't it? I couldn't find Bermondsey wallpapers in the yellow pages to see a map.
Thursday 15 March 2007 1.12pm
The Blue is in Blue Anchor Lane, Bermondsey - off Southwark Park Road. I think the number 1 bus goes through it.
Thursday 15 March 2007 1.37pm
Ahh. I thought it might be, but wasn't sure. Thank you all for your help!
Thursday 15 March 2007 4.47pm
From watching Blue Peter [I always prefered it to Magpie] I have [very] vague memory of a balloon being used to form a papier mache shape...that was before the days of phone-in competitions too....
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: