Thursday 22 March 2007 12.19pm
Sarah told me (so i had to do it) to put up a thread about what we're all growing this year.
On Ivanhoe Acres, we've currently got:
- purple sprouting, harvesting now
- savoy cabbages, still got a way to grow
- asparagus, first shoot came up last week
- rhubarb (been growing all winter, but had a little flush in the last fortnight
- strawberries(runners have just gone in, hopefully will not be bothered by the frost as we're keeping the mini-greenhouse closed up)
- dwarf beans (started off indoors and being kept there at the moment, but they've already started to flower which I think is a bit early really)
- potatoes (seed pot's are curerntly being chitted - should be planted out this weekend)
- tomato plants (sowed seed a few weeks back. Small plants coming along now. Will sow some more next week for an extended harvesting season)
and I've been having an embarrasing lack of success with lettuces/salad leaves, so any tips would be welcomed.
Hope that's what you were looking for, Sarah. Main planting will be over the next 4-6 weeks, so that's when we should be getting the carrots, spring onions, etc.
...if you press it, they will come.