Laminate Floor

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 1 April 2007 10.36pm
I'm thinking of having a laminate floor laid in the near future. Can anyone recommend any reliable contractors who would be able to carry out the work for me? Any advice appreciated.
Sunday 1 April 2007 10.48pm
it is very easy to lay - i'd recommend doing it yourself if possible
Sunday 1 April 2007 10.52pm
If you are going to lay it yourself, it is really worth putting some acoustic underlay under it, to try and minimize noise for whoever may be below you (if you do indeed have a downstairs neighbour). You might want to have a look at this link

I have no affiliation with B&Q or Floormaster.
Monday 2 April 2007 8.39am
Frequently the people you buy if from (I got mine from Carpetrite) have layers. I wouldnt have laid it myself as it was a huge area, but my son did his own kitchen and hall with no problem at all. The professionals do it quicker. HOwever if you do it alone, remember to leave room to "breathe" around the edges or it can buckle.
Monday 2 April 2007 7.05pm
Hi, to be honest I would rather get someone in than do it myself. When I was single I used to carry out all my own DIY but was able to do it at my own rate. If I got stuck or got bored, I was able to leave it for weeks unfinished if I wanted to without any problem, and get back to it when I felt like it.
I would not be able to getaway with it now, and if I got stuck or it went wrong I would get it in the neck.
It's much easier to pay someone to do it then if it goes wrong I can blame someone else. Sorry to be a wimp but it's easier in the long run.
Anyway, apart from Jackie's suggestion about the supplier laying it, does anyone know any good reliable contractors in the trade who could do it for me?
Tuesday 3 April 2007 9.11am
There is a supplier and fitter in the arches behind Elephant and Castle shopping centre (thinks its called Elephant Road). I got mine there, supplied and fitted. was pretty reasonable.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: