opening times

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 2 April 2007 1.57pm
I know that one day over the Easter hols the shops shut(as in supermarkets) but never can remember which one-is it Good Friday Easter Sunday or Easter Monday??
Monday 2 April 2007 2.32pm
I believe it's Good Friday as that is the most important day of the Christian calendar after Christmas Day but not being of that ilk myself, I could well be wrong.
Monday 2 April 2007 2.39pm
It's Easter Sunday that has special trading restrictions.

As a guide, here are the Easter opening times for Tesco Old Kent Road:

6th April: 0800 - 2200
7th April: 0800 - 2200
8th April: CLOSED
9th April: 0900 - 1800
10th April: 0800 - 2200

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Monday 2 April 2007 2.52pm
La Martinet wrote:
I believe it's Good Friday as that is the most important day of the Christian calendar after Christmas Day but not being of that ilk myself, I could well be wrong.

Actually Easter is more important than Christmas day. Although with the commericalisation of Christmas it is easy to understand why most people do not realise that. Christian or otherwise.
Monday 2 April 2007 3.07pm
thank you James!!
Monday 2 April 2007 3.32pm
Isn't Easter Monday more important than Easter Friday?

[By "Monday", I mean the day of rising from the dead, but I'm never sure whether it's supposed to mean Monday or Sunday. "The third day" isn't it? That's fine, but I never know whether you count Friday as Day 1, or whether Saturday is Day 1]

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 2 April 2007 5.18pm
Jac wrote:
Actually Easter is more important than Christmas day. Although with the commericalisation of Christmas it is easy to understand why most people do not realise that. Christian or otherwise.

Ah, I was coming at it from the time I used to run a pub. The licensing laws then held that Christmas Day and Good Friday were the only two days of the year that their stipulations had to be adhered to. That's probably all changed now...

On reflection, working out which is the most religious day based on licensing laws is bit of an oxymoron. Told you I was a heathen! Sorry.
Jac
Monday 2 April 2007 10.58pm
Friday is day 1.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 2.25pm
Thanks Jac. So Sunday is the third day. I see (at last).

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.24pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
I see (at last).

Do you see for certain what you thought you knew
Far far away, someone was weeping
But the world was sleeping
Any dream will do
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: