Junk mail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 4 April 2007 11.16am
I receive loads of letters from all kinds of companies with invitations for credit cards, wine clubs and other things I don't want. Since I am moving abroad next month, I am trying stop this. For months I have been returning these letters to sender, but to no avail. Does anyone know if there is a way of stopping this?
Wednesday 4 April 2007 11.24am
The Mailing Preference Service may be able to help.

Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.34pm
The MPS is brilliant - I signed up ages ago and get hardly any junk mail at all now.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.33pm
I'd second that - it's brilliant. Never got anything ever again (fingers crossed)
Wednesday 4 April 2007 3.26pm
Thanks from me too about this, I've registered at once. When I'm away the junk mail mounts to the ceiling.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 3.50pm
Thanks indeed! I have registered immediately. One worry less!
Wednesday 4 April 2007 4.46pm
There's the telephone preference svce as well, although that seems to only last a few years. It worked well for me, when I did it 2 or 3 yrs ago, but the incidence of junk calls is rising now (so maybe I just need to register again).

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 5.46pm
What I find helps agains junk calls is tell them your number is registered, and hence their call will be reported as a nuisance call. Worked wonders.
Thursday 5 April 2007 9.09am
Yes, I agree. I'd prefer that they didn't call at all, though.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 5 April 2007 12.19pm
Ivanhoe - are your junk calls from the UK or from overseas? When I registered with the tps, I stopped getting UK based marketing calls almost straight away, but started getting loads of marketing calls from overseas. But I haven't had any of those for ages now, either.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: