HELP!! Le Creuset Saucepan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.16pm
OK I've done the impossible...I've burnt one of my Le Creuset pans so badly I've gone through to the metal in one small spot. Cant believe it. I was only hardboiling an egg. Anyway, does anyone know how I could repair the hole in the enamel? I've had the bloody things for nigh on twenty five years and have never managed to do this before.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.27pm
Oh Jackie - I don't know what to say to this, but I had to have a little giggle (sorry - could not help it).

On a more serious note, I don't think you can repair the enamel.....
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.36pm
Jackie, try an old fashioned hardware shop they used to sell ' washers' to repair them. suddenly realised there are no old fashioned hardware shops!
sorry..how about manufacturers.
ADT
Thursday 5 April 2007 9.24am
Call the Le Creuset helpline: 0800 37 37 92
Thursday 5 April 2007 10.19am
OH THANK YOU ADT, I called them, and they are sending me the list of outlet stores where I might be able to get a replacement (as mine with the dark blue enamel and wooden handles are discontinued - just imagine how ancient I am). God bless the Forum what would I do without you!
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.04pm
If you don't manage to find a replacement from an authorised supplier, you could try ebay...
Thursday 12 April 2007 1.32pm
I wonder what the postage would cost if you got one on eBay!
Thursday 12 April 2007 6.09pm
Good point! Ebay is generally pretty good for oddments of discontinued ranges of "classic" products though.
Thursday 12 April 2007 6.10pm
Indeed, the ruddy things weigh a ton.
Friday 13 April 2007 5.38am
We have just got some from Amazon, as we burnt through the wooden handles on the previous ones and Peter Jones no longer stocks their saucepans.

The postman left a note through our door as if we were out. I assume he never even tried to take them on his rounds.

I dont really like the new ones as their shape is different and they dont have a pourer.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: