Hair colouring when pregnant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 6.35am
My roots are shocking, and as my mother keeps reminding me, I mustn't let myself go just because I am pregnant! I am naturally dark blonde/mousey, and I normally dye my hair myself with a Loreal Recital or whatever.
Now that I'm pregnant, and particularly in the first trimester, I am reluctant to do so. Can anyone give me any advice or a recommendation for somewhere that might be able to lift my roots with some vegetable based colour?
Thanks
Wednesday 11 April 2007 7.34am
what about Aveda.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.02am
sarahmc, I would advise using powder bleach and peroxide to lift roots rather than a colour which may contain things like phenylene diamines and resorcinol, which although very unlikely to cause a problem , are perhaps best avoided during pregnancy. I would also advise getting the root touch up done professionally. If you do it yourself you run the risk of getting the mixture on the scalp which may be a little more sensitive than usual during pregnancy
Cheers
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.58am
Gosh, in my day no one gave a stuff about these things...heaven knows what terrible things I've done to my children. However they are past thirty and seem still to have two arms, two legs, and be specially bright and rather successful so I wouldnt get TOO hung up about such matters. Stay pretty however, it's often one's prettiest time.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 6.34pm
Thank you, I will take professional advice, and I usually use Aveda shampoo and conditioner so I may try there- they've got a salon I think in Covent Garden just by Oasis SPorts Centre.
Thanks!
Wednesday 11 April 2007 9.45pm
Yes they do and it's lovely - it would be a nice treat for you when you're pregnant too, it smells fantastic in there and they're very into pampering you!
Thursday 12 April 2007 1.34pm
That's just what I need. I am in bed at 2.30 in the afternoon I am so exhausted and nauseous!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: