medicals

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 May 2007 1.06pm
I have to have one for a new job-what exactly do they do and test for-I know I have to have a drugs test but not sure beyond that!!
Wednesday 2 May 2007 2.20pm
General physical fitness is usually the key concern: things like your cholesterol level, your resting pulse, signs of potentially debilitating ailments. It can actually be a useful way of identifying a problem and nipping it in the bud, or of being reassured that you are in good health.
Wednesday 2 May 2007 3.09pm
are there needles involved ???

guess what i hate!
Thursday 3 May 2007 8.46am
Possibly, but not necessarily. The main issue is identifying health risks that make you a potentially unreliable or ineffective employee or mean you will be expensive to insure. You might have to give a blood sample, but a urine sample may suffice.
Thursday 3 May 2007 10.46am
What they test for also depends on your age. Medicals are usually more comprehensive for the over-40s than they are for the under-40s.
Thursday 3 May 2007 11.12am
thanks all

I went for it this morning and did not have to give blood as my medical history did not warrant it but some people do I gather. Had to give urine samples which have now gone to be tested for drink and drug dependancy but not expecting any problems there (Well i would be most surprised if there was!!)

Was not as bad as i was expecting to be honest so fingers crossed!!
Thursday 3 May 2007 4.27pm
will you still get the job if you're not drink and drug dependent?

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: