Greenwich

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 9.21am
I can't find an equivalent to our se1 site for Greenwich. How rubbish. My friend, Ali, works in se1 and has seen the list of free wifi bars and cafes, so she asked me to look for such a list for Greenwich, where she lives. No luck. Any ideas anyone?
Wednesday 16 May 2007 11.06am
Move to SE1
Wednesday 16 May 2007 11.25am
That would be ideal! I live here, and Ali wishes she could, but she can't afford to live alone and her flat mate works in the other direction. Greenwich is the halfway point.
It seems odd that they haven't got a site like this. SE5 have, though it's not as good as ours.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 12.43pm
Perhaps she should set one up with a net-savvy friend - or maybe, indeed, she is net-savvy. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would use it and appreciate it.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 6.05pm
Beetroot,try the local library they usually have such a list supplied by the local council
Wednesday 16 May 2007 7.09pm
I'll tell her that, coogie.
Thursday 17 May 2007 8.39am
About three years back as part of the job I was doing then I got to meet someone who ran a Community Web-site in Clapham. I mentioned SE1 and was told that it was generally thought to be one of the best, if not the best in the UK.

We are very lucky.
Thursday 17 May 2007 9.18am
It's excellent, yes. And it provides a perfect template for similar ventures elsewhere. Might not this forum's creators even license their formula to others?
Friday 18 May 2007 8.35am
I have a house to rent in Greenwich. Four beds....near the park. Available late July.

I was going to do a disclaimer about no interest etc, but it would be patently untrue.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network