Landline

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 3 June 2007 7.01pm
We are moving house Friday, and we want to get our phoneline connected. The flat is a new build and there is a phone socket installed.
Who do we call to get a landline? We want to subscribe to Sky and get internet, phone, and tv in one package, but am guessing we need to get landline linked up first. DOes this have to be with BT because they said they will charge a whopping 129 to put a landline in?
Monday 4 June 2007 6.52am
Sarah, I have Ntl sorry now called Virgin Media..then get sky. I have talk unlimited with them -fourteen pounds a month and can phone any landline in the u.k.
Monday 4 June 2007 7.02am
WE cant have sky apparently cos of the dish....
So we will probably go with Virgin media package as we haven't been happy with Homechoice/Tiscali.
But I still need some advice about the landline?
Sarah
Monday 4 June 2007 8.49am
From Virgin media they supply the line.
Monday 4 June 2007 12.26pm
Ring Virgin!
Monday 4 June 2007 12.37pm
Hello Sarah,
I was in similar situation 6 months ago when we moved a house. We were also with Homechoice that time (and unfortunately still are). We moved to the new built property and phoned BT as it seems that only they can install the line to the new built properties. We were told by the company who built the building that they had a contract with BT so while building, they have already put the wires... so we had to go with BT. And yes, BT charged us 125 which we are still paying back in monthly instalments. The contract with BT is for 12 months and then we can change. So, that's the reason why we are with Homechoice TV and Internet still. We still have 6 months to go with them and also want to change to Virgin in December.
Monday 4 June 2007 3.57pm
I recently moved somewhere without a phone line and concluded that BT were the best people to call, they were very helpful...

Bulldog are an alternative.
Monday 4 June 2007 6.06pm
I would stay clear of Virgin, I was with NTL for 5 years with no problems, Virgin have taken over and had nothing but trouble. Been trying to get through for about 5 weeks to complain, sent 4 emails and sent a letter today to see if i get a response.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: