London 2012 Olympics - new logo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 June 2007 3.03pm
The new design for the 2012 Olympics logo has been unveiled... and what an absolute pile of pants it is. I can honestly say this is one of the worst pieces of graphic design I've ever seen.

It looks like it was designed by a 7 year old using MS Paint.

In the words of somebody on the BBC website -

"It looks like a cubism picture of a woman with big hair and numerous earings on her knees pleasuring a guy wearing a London t-shirt."

If you agree, and want to see this changed, then please sign this petition and forward it to your friends/colleagues:

Monday 4 June 2007 3.19pm
This is heroically bad!
Monday 4 June 2007 3.28pm
Its like a broken up Swastika
Monday 4 June 2007 4.19pm
Well that's clearly the image we need to project ;)

I thought it looked suspiciously like someone dancing drunkenly. A friend suggests it's supposed to look like the UK - with a particularly large Scotland, and England sliding reluctantly towards Europe. I think that may be a little too creative an interpretation!
Monday 4 June 2007 4.26pm
Monday 4 June 2007 4.41pm
Monday 4 June 2007 4.44pm
It looks awful. If it's in any way supposed to be a map of the UK, then do you think we ought to tell the good people of the Midlands that they are about to become an island?

On the other hand, it's given me an idea to go out and get a "London" t-shirt, just in case I meet any women with big hair and lots of earrings ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 4 June 2007 5.19pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
it's given me an idea to go out and get a "London" t-shirt, just in case I meet any women with big hair and lots of earrings ;0)

I had to think about it for 5 seconds, but that is - to my mind - the funniest thing I've ever read in this forum!
Monday 4 June 2007 5.21pm
Some alternative versions being sent in by BBC viewers -
Monday 4 June 2007 6.31pm
Oh my eyes! Far too redolent of 1980s teen mag ‘Look In' for comfort. The whole graphic identity, if you see the accompanying promo film, looks like Def II, the Chart Show, the Top Of The Pops opening titles used between 1985 and 1988, etc. with their bright, garish, playful animation.

It might seem original because it's been so long since we've seen that kind of look, but there's a good reason for that. Mind you, it could prove to be popular with those too young to remember the 1980s first time round... so perhaps Seb Coe et al do know what they're doing after all.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: