Bank cards...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 22 June 2007 2.22pm
My daughter went to Majorca (Alcudia) about 6 weeks ago..Used her card twice, cigarette shop, ticket sales.

Fortunately her card had almost expired, because it was cloned and using the correct p.i.n used in Canada several times! so on Holiday take care to shield your number...

I knew she was not in canada at three am this morning and bluewater by lunchtime...
Monday 25 June 2007 10.43am
Jan - very unfortunate, although I have to admit I am impressed with your daughter's ability to be in Bluewater so quickly after having left Canada ;o)

In any case - taking care with your pin is good advice, but unfortunately not necessarily sufficient. Those who clone cards also have other means to find out your pin such as a pin or keystroke reader attached to the card machine.
Monday 25 June 2007 11.07am
Tattie, would that include cashpoints in alcudia? how worrying..i think i'll get my euros here and carry 'em in me drawers! mind you a bit awkward in a karaoke bar! better make me bra!
Monday 25 June 2007 11.30am
Cashpoints are even more tricky. It could be someone trying to look over your shoulder, or a teeny weeny little camera, or a fake front. It honestly does not just happen on the continent, it happens here as well.

I'm having this picture now of you in a karaoke bar in Spain with notes peeping out of your bra! However, on a serious note, if you are planning to do that make sure you take bras in a few different sizes with you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: