Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 28 July 2007 11.15am
I have to say I'm worried for all the people that don't have water if you don't drink for six days you die

And the news programs have shown fit young people saying they have had to walk around all-day looking for water.

What's happening to all the older or not so fit people that can't do that.
Saturday 28 July 2007 11.59am
Believe it or not, Mickysalt, but for once I agree with you. This is a very difficult and worrying situation for some. I was pleased however to see that there seems to be an enormous community spirit in the affected area's and I suppose that the elderly and will have to depend on that.
Saturday 28 July 2007 12.31pm
Cummunity spirit...except for the w*nkers who think it's clever to sabotage the water tanks either by peeing in them or emptying them into trucks and depriving the rest. How can ANYONE be quite so mean?
Friday 3 August 2007 3.26am
someone over here (New Zealand) suggested that people put buckets outside to collect the rain water, or get water butts fitted to the downpipes, and then use that - it's fairly easy to make drinkable, you can get water purifiers from camping stores.
Wednesday 8 August 2007 11.56am
Rain water is about as pure as you can get. I'd drink it even in London, unpurified - provided it had been raining for a bit. (The first rain will wash all the nasties out of the sky.)

Failing that, add chlorine.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: