Big brother.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 2 August 2007 10.16pm
Big Brother
Its been better this year probably because channel four have been forced to enforce a bit of restraint.
However I don't like this half way house idea as it gives channel four to much control of the eviction process
Channel four decided that every on in the halfway way house would be moved to the main house.
So in effect channel four decide to save all those people from eviction when its supposed to be the housemates that Decided who will be up for eviction or not .
Thursday 2 August 2007 10.39pm
It's been rubbish. Odious and inarticulate housemates, drab ideas about how to enliven proceedings, inept packaging, with laughably prim and at the same time boring media coverage. It would be great if this were the last series. But it won't be; Channel 4 are committed to two more, and there'll doubtless be an absurd jamboree in 2010 when we get all the "Do you remember the first time?" hysterics and people pretend they give a fig about Craig and Anna and Darren. Who will win this year? None of the housemate deserves the prize money or even a job presenting a gossip show on the most obscure satellite channel.
Thursday 2 August 2007 11.15pm
Your right of course. I think I just feel sorry for the ones who had just got in to the house and are now
Facing eviction. I don't really like big brother but, there is something about it that makes you feel sorry for the housemates.
Thursday 2 August 2007 11.19pm
I don't think anyone should feel sorry for the housemates. The show has been going long enough now that anyone who takes part clearly knows what's in store. The potential for success is evident, but the likelihood of failure (public contempt, embarrassment, some quirky "twist" on the part of the producers) is considerable. The participants are all flaky egomaniacs, and they merit little or no sympathy.
Friday 3 August 2007 3.09am
this is the first year that i haven't been avidly glued to the screen watching every televised moment, and i'm actually quite glad - it's old hat, it's been done to death - come up with something else, chanel 4, and quick!
Friday 3 August 2007 10.29am
As long as it generates advertising revenue - and it is C4's biggest source of such revenue - there's no way they are going to can it.
Monday 6 August 2007 11.27am
they should have one soley for pensioners, then it would not be so boring!
Tuesday 7 August 2007 10.20am
Jan the old one wrote:
they should have one soley for pensioners, then it would not be so boring!

Hmmm - can just see one of the scenes - a whole house full arguing about who left their teeth in teh wrong glass ;o)
Tuesday 7 August 2007 2.27pm
No no'll be...who's used me drawers to polish me commode! :-)
Tuesday 7 August 2007 4.07pm
Fantastic - if they ever go for that I might even buy a TV again! Will they be doing zimmerframe fights as well?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: