bokashi

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 August 2007 7.02am
Just read about this as apparently it helps cooked food break down into compost..

And as my son reads this site just to see what I am up to..yes I know the worms turned their noses up at my cooking..:-)

Has anyone else used it?

Son..next time you visit bring a machete,strimmer, ax I can't even get past the bindweed into the shed!
Friday 17 August 2007 11.00am
Yes I recently started using Bokashi.

A bit too early for me to comment but will keep you up to date. So far, little hastle and it is possible to keep box in the kitchen since though it does have a bit of a funny smell it is not too strong and requires an air-tight lid, so you only smell it when adding food.
Friday 17 August 2007 12.57pm
Toms did you buy a kit or just the bokashi?
Friday 17 August 2007 2.33pm
I tried a small compost bucket in my flat and it didn't work well, but this looks v.interesting.
I just checked this out and found it useful (no connection)

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/bokashi.htm
Saturday 18 August 2007 6.33am
I invested in a starter kit from wiggly wigglers. I think the container needs to be airtight to give the bokashi the best conditions to work, and keep any smells away. Also it comes with a little tap to drain away liquid, so I'd recommend getting the kit really. I have no idea if anyone else sells the stuff too, you might get a better price than I did.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: