Attention Backpakers!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 August 2007 5.15pm
I have one spare ticket for the Tim Freedman gig at the Museum of Garden History in Lambeth tomorrow night.

Free to anyone who wants it but you'd need to collect from me in the West End during the day tomorrow or meet me at a (yet to be decided upon) boozer to come along with me & mates.

PM me or answer on here & I'll be in touch.

(James, not too much of an ad I hope... just trying to spread the joy you understand)
Thursday 23 August 2007 7.20pm
what's a backpaker Birdie? it rhymes with pacemaker or heartbreaker....
Friday 24 August 2007 9.13am
My bad spelling Jackie! Should have been backpacker.

The gig was an Australian singer - his gigs are full of backpackers.

The Sarah joined us last night for a fantastic evening of wine and song.
Friday 24 August 2007 2.13pm
It was really good. The company of course was brilliant. I also enjoyed Tim Freedman, despite no knowledge of Australian politics. (Gough and Margaret?)

The Museum of Garden History was a great venue. I had not expected this and will certainly be tempted to go to another of their summer jazz evenings. (Not least because I live almost opposite.) It would be worth going early to get a table and take advantage of the decent food. Making it quite a different evenign than a straight concert.

It was the second really good evenng I had this week courtesy of this site. The Tim Parks bookreading at the Calder bookshop was also fun. I must have walked past the Calder Bookshop masses of times and never noticed it was there. So thanks to birdie, but also thanks to James H.
Saturday 25 August 2007 11.24pm
i'd have bet anything that this thread was to do with travelling - how wrong you can sometimes be!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: