navel piercings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 19 September 2007 10.34am
While my daughter is in London, her ex-husband allowed my thirteen year old grand-daughter to have her navel pierced! She has just had a call from her daughter saying that the piercing is sticky and hurts and she has been putting savlon on it, I have been online and the information on cleaning them etc., is so varied..has anyone else had a piercing and could advise what to do?
My ex-son in law is a klutz..or some other worse word for allowing it...bleeding thirteen and a navel piercing! grrr.....
Wednesday 19 September 2007 10.47am
Friend of mine's got one - i'll check with her
Wednesday 19 September 2007 11.17am
Thank you Tattie, she had it done on Saturday two days after her mum came to London...
Wednesday 19 September 2007 11.49am
Hi Jan - my friend will give me the name of an anti-microbial soap late. In the mean time, she told me the following:

It is imperative that no other type of soap gets in the wound and also after showering, ensure that the navel is dry, by folding up a tissue and dabbing it.
Do not handle it in any way apart from that.
No swimming!

She needs to soak it in salt water.
Put some salt into a small cup (ramekin is ideal) and dissolve in hot water. lean forward so the cup is over the navel and make a seal. Then sit back so that the salt water is soaking the navel. Sit there for 10 minutes. Again, dry it off using a folded tissue. Do not use a towel.
If there is any infection she needs to do this salt water thing morning and evening until it is feeling better.
Hope this helps
Wednesday 19 September 2007 12.34pm
Come off it's almost as bad as the old "I'm only asking for a friend" routine.

I hope your piercing gets better soon ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 September 2007 1.48pm
Well I did as for a 'Princess Albertine' but they said my age prevented me taking me drawers orff...:-)
Wednesday 19 September 2007 3.44pm
It's my own fault. I should never have said anything ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 September 2007 6.07pm
Thursday 20 September 2007 1.34am

When I had my belly button pierced I bathed it with salt water twice a day for a couple of weeks. It did go a bit icky at first, but healed pretty quickly after that.
Thursday 20 September 2007 7.20am
And...has it changed and enriched your life TLMJJ? Has your husband told you it's what made him propose? I truly wonder WHAT makes people feel they need to do these things. OK piercing your ears means you dont have to leave your earrings on a restaurant table because they've started to pinch, nor to get home after a night out and find one has been lost (happened to me with one of the family heirlooms), but in a place that almost no one sees.....please fill me in someone.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: