Running Partner needed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 20 October 2007 5.58pm
Hi there

Does anyone know of a local running club for the extremely unfit??? I know I am asking for much, but I prefer an all female group.

I am in my thirties and need to lose some weight. I am toying with the idea of joining the boxing club on Tower Bridge Road but it is predominately male and a touch imtimidating!!

thanks
Bambi
Wednesday 31 October 2007 10.49am
Hey Bambi

You should at least try the boxing club... you may find the results quite surprising!

If it really doesn't suit you then i suggest working closaely with a personal trainer, at leat at the start. A PT can point you in the right direction, get you off to a good start, and keep you on track.

Good luck

Justin
www.solutions4finance.com
Sunday 4 November 2007 9.39pm
The guy at the boxing gym: Gleason's told me they were moving closer to London Bridge soon. Anyway, there are a couple of other gyms where you could use the treadmill during off peak hours if you wanted to save some money. You could also opt for the personal trainer as mentioned above or even just pick a path you like around Tower Bridge or along the South Bank. You will not be alone if you jog there.
Rocco.
Thursday 8 November 2007 10.36pm
Hello Justin & Rocco

Thanks for replying to my post. I am thinking of going running on my own, but with the dark mornings and evenings, it is not really safe (in my opinion) for a woman to go running alone. I work 9-5 so I can only run early or late eve.

About Gleason's Boxing Club, I happened to have been on the bus 188 and noticed the shutters were down. I suppose that explains the move to London Bridge.

thanks for the replies once again.

Bambi
Tuesday 13 November 2007 3.40pm
Hey Bambi
I wouldn't be sure about not feeling safe.

The mornings are a lot different from the evenings along the river - I was surprised to discover that in the half-hour before 7am, something like 90% of the joggers I saw on the paths next to the river (Westminster to Tower) are ladies. This seemed to reverse after 7. Either way I think it's quite safe - there are loads of them out.

Reece
(another runner)
Tuesday 13 November 2007 7.01pm
Thanks for that Reece,

I have now found a jogging partner - so problem solved!! I have also found boxing club that has a ladies class.I will stick to jogging for now. However the plan is to start boxing in the new year.

Regards
Bambi.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: