ex drug addicts rights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 October 2007 7.40am
I have just had a phone call from a very elderly relation stating that her grand-child has given birth to her second child ( she already has 3 year old) and that social services have tested the new mum for drug use and found her clear, but are refusing to let her take the week old babe home, but have told the girl that she has to leave the hospital, she is refusing to leave with out her babe, so they are threatening to call the police.
Where would be the best place for this person to get rapid speedy advice? I know the protection of children is paramount in all cases.
The thing that sent the girl into a downward spiral of drugs was that she and her brother & sisters were sexually abused by a family 'friend' then she was later raped whilst in hospital!
The elderly relation is concerned that it may be a backward step into drugs with all this latest trouble.
it's all so pitiful.
Wednesday 31 October 2007 9.43am
She or someone acting on her behalf needs to call a family solicitor urgently.

I would recommend Janice Kaufman from Steel & Shamash based in Baylis Road, Waterloo. She is very good fierce enough to deal with an emergency like this.

Their number is 0207 803 3999.

I hope the poor girl manages to get this action stopped and receive support instead.
Friday 2 November 2007 7.11am
there also might be a drugs support service in the area, who possibly will be able to help.
Sunday 4 November 2007 11.11pm
Cliffords in Lordship Lane SE22 also worth a look - Hilary Clifford brilliant at focussing on the children

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: