Help! Holidays suggestions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 2 November 2007 1.53pm
I have 2 weeks off in early December and I have been at pain trying to find a holiday. I just can't decide, it is so annoying. We don't like beach holidays, crowds or touristic places. I am considering Namibia but with 40 degrees C, it seems a bit too hot. I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions with a maximum budget 2000/person?
Friday 2 November 2007 2.31pm
I'd say come to Israel and visit MOI, but I'll be HERE in December, so that's no good.
India's terrific.
Friday 2 November 2007 3.28pm
Agree re India - perfect weather in December for touring around (generally dry and sunny although it can be a bit chilly sometimes in the North)

How about Tanzania (safari and visit to Kilimanjaro) including Zanzibar (spice plantations and exotic delights of StoneTown)

Or South Africa (not as hot as Namibia but Cape Town is a wonderful city and easy to combine with a drive along the Garden Route and a safari in one of its many parks.

Some destinations to consider if you want to get off the beaten track:

Madagascar / Mozambique / Oman / Ethiopia
Friday 2 November 2007 3.31pm
Blackpool's nice ;0)
Friday 2 November 2007 4.06pm
I was going to suggest South Africa - I went to Cape Town last December for a wedding. On the coast it's not too hot, but inland is boiling. We quite touristy in the towns, but I'm sure you can find less touristy places. It's also really cheap to eat and drink there - if you're a tourist, anyway.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network