help i wanna buy a laptop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 3 January 2008 3.17pm
Next month I intend to buy a Laptop, can any steer me in the right direction as to what to buy? In fact if I am completely honest could tell me what book to read which explains how the flipping things work! ( something on the level of a Ladybird Book which explains how cameras work etc.,)
Just because I am posting on here someone may think I know my way around a tech. skills and knowledge is akin to a car driver who knows nought about the engine!
Thursday 3 January 2008 4.05pm
I want to go wireless with my laptop. No one in Comet would help me though so i walked out!!
Thursday 3 January 2008 4.53pm
Funny enough Pops one of my daughters have moved into a new development even though she has a bt. line and wants broadband etc., she has been told her line does not exist because bt dont know the speed? ( what ever that means) she is receiving and making calls from this non existant phone...
she has tried to contact various depts. and has just gone into push this push that mode...
So I'll scrub the idea of wandering into Comet looking lost then! :-)
Thursday 3 January 2008 5.17pm
Can't help you with these questions, but from previous posts I seem to understand that BossStreet Bloke might be your man - he seems awfully well informed about these things.

In any case, I have wireless and it took the other half quite a bit of fidling to set it up, but once working it is nice not to have any additional wires Mine is over the cable which is certainly better than the Bulldog one I used to have in the previous place and which was in conjunction with BT

Good luck both!
Thursday 3 January 2008 6.07pm

If I were in the market for a lappy, I would seriously consider buying second hand. The resale value of laptops is very small and bargains can be had!
Thursday 3 January 2008 9.57pm
Jan, what's your budget and what will you use the laptop for?
Friday 4 January 2008 9.43am
Thank you everyone, to be honest the budget bit had not occurred to me yet, I like the sound of a bargain though!
Jonathan I think the main usage would be being able to contact londonse1...
e-mail, surfing etc.

I have broadband with virgin media, but when my daughter goes I want her to take her computer with her as it's in my tiny front room, which i want to decorate a.s.a.p then I can buy a little settee for my big wide rear!
Friday 4 January 2008 9.45am
Boss st bloke, when i do get around to it, where would be the best place to start for second hand ones?
Friday 4 January 2008 11.20am
Jan the old one wrote:
Jonathan I think the main usage would be being able to contact londonse1...
e-mail, surfing etc.

Hi Jan, if you will only use it for email, looking at the internet and writing documents, etc then I would probably get the cheapest laptop from John Lewis. They have excellent customer service and a free 2 year guarantee. They have a couple of models here for 379 which would both be more than adequate for you although for online sales they are out stock. Worth calling the branch at Oxford Street or Canary Wharf if you're interested.
Friday 4 January 2008 12.18pm
Thank you Jonathan, I am at Canary Wharf so will nip out in my break....just looked on the site...i did not realise they were that expensive! i went from admiring the 375 one - to the 1999 one then had a reality check...wallpaper or paint or nice big shiney laptop!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: