the Queens's Ouse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 February 2008 2.34pm
Why are the taxpayers paying 3 million plus to the richest women in the world?

Just to replair the old derelict dump she lives in..

p.s. I really like the Queen...
Thursday 7 February 2008 3.51pm
She is no longer the richest woman in the world.

Personally, I am a republican with a small r, and I have little time for the monarchy (especially the absurd antics of its younger members), but the justification for paying for restoration works is, I suppose, that the Queen's property is a significant tourist attraction, driving business revenues.
Thursday 7 February 2008 5.33pm
Except of course tourists would as happily take their pictures in front of a ruined palace...could make it a theme park and take 50 to enter, that'll pay for the upkeep :)
Monday 11 February 2008 3.44pm
Who is the richest woman in the world LongLaner?

If you get my ninety year old mum on the subject of monarchy..that miserable old b*** who came 'ere and only had one jacket and two pairs of trousers to 'is name...fell right on 'is feet 'e did, married the kings gel!
Monday 11 February 2008 6.11pm
Couldn't the King have tried to split them up before they were married? Surely fathers used to do that if a young girl fell for an 'undesirable' young man?
Monday 11 February 2008 6.22pm
he was a very hard-up greek royal...i have only ever seen one photo of his mother , who as i recall was a lovely looking girl...royals had to protect other royals!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: