Fire at Camden Market,

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 9 February 2008 11.24pm
That's just so horrific I can hardly even bring myself to think about it.

I bet it was started deliberately , and what a shame we have a Mayor that wont give a dam.
Sunday 10 February 2008 1.23pm
mickysalt wrote:
That's just so horrific I can hardly even bring myself to think about it.

I bet it was started deliberately , and what a shame we have a Mayor that wont give a dam.

What a glorious spring day it is today. What luck that we have a Mayor that brings such pleasant weather.
Sunday 10 February 2008 2.04pm
But I did have a headache all morning and the Mayor did absolutely nothing about that!
Sunday 10 February 2008 7.00pm
I went there this morning and the main market was open seemingly unaffected ,the lock area where you get the boat to little venice was cordoned of but there was no sign of damage,

From the canal side it looked like the backs of four buildings on chalk farm road were burnt,but
The fire didn't appear to have crossed the railway and the coloured railing by the cannel were in tactsome of the dtalls at the farthist end looked damiged but not burnet.
and all he shops on chalk farm road on the other side of the bridge were open

But its clearly a disaster for all the stall holders
Monday 11 February 2008 5.24pm
Shame about The Hawley Arms - a very decent boozer and despite its high profile some of the friendliest bar staff I've come across in London.
Monday 11 February 2008 5.42pm
Do we know the cause yet?
Monday 11 February 2008 8.03pm
The fire brigade are saying they know something but aren't saying what yet.

Some of the news papers are jumping the gun saying the pub and other buildings on chalk farm road may have to be demolished.

I think as there are buildings that were bombed in the war still standing that shouldn't be necessary,
Thursday 21 February 2008 1.35pm
I was so relieved that the fire hadn't destroyed the whole place I forgot to mention the arches were a pile of rubble, its pretty clear if the people running the market can do that they won't give a monkeys nuts about the fire damage on the other dide of the road, and the Camden tube station issue was just a convenient diversion Of media attention.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: