Gordon Ramsay Restaurants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 24 February 2008 9.46pm
Hi

My sister in law wants to take my brother out, for his 40th birthday, somewhere special but neither of them are particularly formal dressers and don't want to go anywhere terribly posh. Does any one have any suggestions or experiences at any of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants?

Thanks for your help.

Littlejohn
Monday 25 February 2008 8.59am
Hi

I've eaten at Gordon Ramsey at Claridges a few times and found it to be quite relaxed. My DC last time was certainly wearing jeans and an open neck shirt - it is always worth checking the dress code with the venue though.

I'd definitely recommend Claridges - the food is fab!
Monday 25 February 2008 2.03pm
I had to solve the exact same problem a couple of months ago! My solution was to go to one of Gordon Ramsays pubs. We went to The Narrow and it was fabulous, I would recommend it you should find all the info you need at

http://www.gordonramsay.com/thenarrow/

Address
44 Narrow Street
LONDON
E14 8DP
T: 020 7592 7950
F: 020 7592 1603
thenarrow@gordonramsay.com
Monday 25 February 2008 4.15pm
Quite different propositions though: Claridges and a pub.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 25 February 2008 4.49pm
I went to the one on Royal Hospital Road and don't remember making much effort to dress up, but it might be wise to phone to check if they have a policy on dress.
Tuesday 26 February 2008 5.25pm
Ivanhoe wrote:

Quite, but if it is the food you want without the pomp? I have eaten at several of GR's restaurants & Claridges is definately up there with the best but if you have someone who wants the food without the formality then the pubs are ideal; they are not spit and sawdust dives!! although I quite like pubs like that too!
Tuesday 26 February 2008 9.40pm
Many thanks for your comments, I will pass them on and keep you updated!

Littlejohn
Wednesday 27 February 2008 10.14am
Moira Less wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:

Quite, but if it is the food you want without the pomp? I have eaten at several of GR's restaurants & Claridges is definately up there with the best but if you have someone who wants the food without the formality then the pubs are ideal; they are not spit and sawdust dives!! although I quite like pubs like that too!
Not looking for a fight Moira, but surely you're not making the claim that the food in both places is the same and the only difference is the amount of formality?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 27 February 2008 12.10pm
Oh I don't do fighting - loving is much more fun!!

Certainly the food was not the same as Claridges but better than Boxwood and very similar to Foxtrot Oscar (infact I think one of our starters was the same in The Narrow as in FO).

It was just a suggestion for sampling GR's food without the formality. Having said that it was quite a formal pub!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network