Know about welding?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 March 2008 1.16pm
Anyone know anything about welding training? I've found a few courses and I've been on some relevant sites but thought I'd see if any of you lot know anything.
Thursday 20 March 2008 4.58pm
What do you want to know?
Thursday 20 March 2008 9.16pm
What qualification would I need to start working? Is it realistic that I could work as a freelance welder? I've found a 10 week evening course at Walthom forest Collegeand there's a day at Croydon College where they get you ready to be tested for the Summit Skills Certificate of Welding Competency Oxy-Acetylene or Manual Metal-Arc Testing of Welders. Is it possible to start work with that or have I got it completely wrong and I need years of training?
Thursday 20 March 2008 11.59pm
hi beetroot

This site has some forums that will be of use - you can also register and start your own thread.
Sunday 23 March 2008 12.55pm
thanks
Thursday 10 April 2008 9.15am
I can weld - well sort of.

I learnt doing a classic car course. I'm pretty good with a Mig welder.

Why do you want to do welding and what type do you want to do?

Car welding is hard because it's all about getting the lines perfect. It takes years of training or you must be prepared to spend a lot of time doing stuff.

Anyway - I know you know who I am so come chat about it if you like.

Darren
Friday 11 April 2008 10.23am
that's a bit of a coincidence! I seem to be bombarded with them these days. I suppose I'll have to force myself to chat over more bloody cocktails then.

Ian

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: