USA Elections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 34
Monday 31 March 2008 3.32pm
Maybe not directly Se1 but conversely everywhere including Se1...is everyone as gripped by the USA Primary Contests as I am?
Monday 31 March 2008 4.18pm
Oh yes! Most interesting. But, my enthusiasm is slowly shifting to a slight worry. Needless to say I very much want the Democrats to enter the White House although I think that the current divide amongst them might be favourable to McCain.

Having said that, I'd be very happy if Obama won.
Monday 31 March 2008 6.30pm
We've been watching almost all night for all the primaries since "Super Tuesday" turning out undecisive.

I think Clinton would probably make a better president than Obama, but Obama is more likely to win against McCain, who in turn is a much more palatable option than either Romney or Huckabee...Oh yes we're gripped.
Monday 31 March 2008 7.54pm
Gripped since the Q&A session where Huckabee was asked if he was a creationist. He response would have been priceless were it not for the terrifying thought that (at that time) there was the possibility of him becoming the most powerful man in the world

Fascinating stuff.
Monday 31 March 2008 8.33pm
I'm a total Obama freak and cannot STAND Hillary. And I'm on the edge of my seat during these primaries and keep tuning in to CNN just to hear the latest polls. The professor, who is American, is FAR less excited than me!
Tuesday 1 April 2008 3.56am
I don't mind Clinton at all. She would indeed make a good president but I have difficulties with a Bush-Clinton- Bush- Clinton sequence. To use his own words, Obama would bring a real (refreshing) change.

Who would make a better president? To be honest, I don't know. What's seems to be for sure is that both of them would make better presidents than the current one and that is what this election is about.
Tuesday 1 April 2008 7.23am
Yes indeed, ABBB (AnyBody But Bush) is the mantra. But I still think Hillary is shrill, and more interested in promoting Hillary than abiding by her own slogans. The ambition and self promotion of the Clintons knows know bounds. And clean they are not. The shenanigans in Arkensas which no longer get headlines were hair raising. And the latest fiasco about "being under fire in Bosnia" has just caused international derision.
Wednesday 2 April 2008 8.35am
I was very interested until Mitt dropped out, since I stood to win 600 at the bookies if he got the Rep. nomination.

About 3 years ago my wife (ex-Mormon from SLC) met and sang for him and his wife, round their son's flat in NYC, when he was still Governor of Mass. I'd never heard of him, so while she was telling me this over the phone I 'googled' him, and the first site up was an online betting site with odds on the next Rep. nominee. So I placed a bet at very long odds, as they were way back then (and as I sat in my black leather chair, stroking the fluffy white cat in my lap, with one little finger in the corner of my mouth...).
Thursday 28 August 2008 11.15am
Are you all still watching? Did you see Bill Clinton's speach yesterday? Is Obama going to win against McCain? What do you think of Joe Biden as a running mate?

Questions, questions...
Thursday 28 August 2008 11.24am
If McCain gets in, expect World War 3 in the near future...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 34

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: