USA Elections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 32 of 34
wjfox2004 Friday 23 January 2009 11.01am
Interesting website keeping track of his promises -

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/
mickysalt Friday 23 January 2009 3.34pm
As someone on another website has pointed out we have to remember that we live in Europe not America.
wjfox2004 Friday 23 January 2009 4.08pm
mickysalt wrote:
As someone on another website has pointed out we have to remember that we live in Europe not America.

Yes, and?

America has a massive global influence in just about everything - whether it's business, politics, military action, the environment, science and technology.

What's your point?
wjfox2004 Saturday 24 January 2009 7.38pm
His first weekly address -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDfpd8GV9dI
Laphroaig Monday 26 January 2009 9.39am
Thank you, mickysalt.
markadams99 Tuesday 23 November 2010 3.13pm
For a while on this thread I enjoyed being a lonely anti-Obaman. There were others, tho, who saw the obvious at the time. In the US there's now broad consensus. Such is life.
markadams99 Sunday 26 February 2012 1.53am
Doesn't time fly?
maurits Sunday 26 February 2012 12.49pm
Indeed! This thread looks only too familiar! There we go again.
Tom Pepper Sunday 26 February 2012 8.52pm
I was in the U.S. in the summer of 1976 and I recall checking into a motel just off the New Jersey Turnpike en -route from N.Y.C. to Gettysburg Pa.
I flipped on the TV and a guy looking like a human version of Francis the talking mule appeared on screen and said, "Hi, Ah'm Jimmy Carter and Ah'm runnin' fer President."
I'm remember thinking that it may have been a commercial for the pilot of a new comedy show.
How wrong can you be, he turned out to be the winner.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 27 February 2012 8.41am
Does someone here REALLY think that any of the four Republicans going for the nomination are fit to run the free world? They are, each and every one of them, absolutely terrifying.
Current: 32 of 34

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions