USA Elections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 33 of 34
Debrajoan Monday 27 February 2012 9.55am
It must be a real dilemma for US voters, even the staunchest registered Democrats are uneasy after four years of Mr. Obama.
Newt Gingrich is viewed as a rather loose cannon, it was he who nearly forced a government shut-down in 1995 in a battle of wills with Bill Clinton, plus he was caught in, (and confessed to), an extra-marital affair with the lady who is now his wife while he was calling for Clinton's impeachment for lying over the Monica Lewinsky affair.
Ron Paul is an intelligent man, but is lacking in charisma.
Rick Santorum has comparitive youth on his side, but his stint as a Fox News Channel reporter won't endear him to the soi-disant middle American intelligentsia.
Romney appears to be the one to beat, he is too good looking to be true, and the American sisterhood will probably turn out in droves for him.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 27 February 2012 12.25pm
Obama inherited a poison chalice...and sadly the Tea Party reached its zenith exactly at the time of the mid term elections, hence he lost Congress, Since then the Republicans have done nothing except block every single initiative from Obama, just BECAUSE it comes from Obama, without any regard for what's good for the US. I'm utterly disgusted by the Republican stance, and the feverish, God bothering, sanctimonious rubbish they spout is alarming in the world of today. Let's hope the Americans realise that.
markadams99 Monday 27 February 2012 12.47pm
markadams99 wrote:
Doesn't time fly?
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Obama inherited a poison chalice...and sadly the Tea Party reached its zenith exactly at the time of the mid term elections, hence he lost Congress, Since then the Republicans have done nothing except block every single initiative from Obama, just BECAUSE it comes from Obama, without any regard for what's good for the US. I'm utterly disgusted by the Republican stance, and the feverish, God bothering, sanctimonious rubbish they spout is alarming in the world of today. Let's hope the Americans realise that.
I'm sitting here in New Jersey, chuckling. Not much time today tho. Gotta fit a gun-rack on my new 8-seater SUV.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 27 February 2012 3.43pm
BEfore or after church?
markadams99 Monday 27 February 2012 3.53pm
Ma'am, this hombre put me off church.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 27 February 2012 4.07pm
What? A MEXICAN????
markadams99 Monday 27 February 2012 4.10pm
He may have been born in America.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 27 February 2012 4.18pm
Naaahhh. They none of the were.
Debrajoan Monday 27 February 2012 11.27pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
What? A MEXICAN????

If you mean Jeremiah Wright, according to Wikipedia he was born in Philadelphia Pa.
Maybe you were misled by the word hombre.
jackie rokotnitz Tuesday 28 February 2012 9.36am
Oh HIM. Wonder what happened to him.
Anyway, I hope to goodness none of the nutty GOP candidates gets anywhere near the White House.
Current: 33 of 34

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions