USA Elections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 34
Thursday 28 August 2008 12.28pm
Yes, if McCain gets in, we'll all have our chips.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 28 August 2008 1.33pm
Oh VERY droll, Ivanhoe. I'm desperately worried that those dumb merkins will go for McCain because of his "experience" (as Biden said last night, being in a prison camp doesnt necessarily equip you for being president). Obama is SUCH a clever guy, so intelligent and educated, rational, unflappable and genuine quality rather than bumped up ego...but as I say, the merkins voted for George W. twice, so who can say what floats their boat.I am, as always, pinned to my seat.
Friday 29 August 2008 8.22am
Just watched Obama's speech on CNN. It wasn't exactly a modest event, but then again the pursuit of the American Presidency isn't about that, I suppose...I must confess that I did like it.
Monday 1 September 2008 8.51am
Sarah Palin as McCain VP !

The more I read about the process behind the pick the more shameless it appears.

My partisan summary. She was picked because

(a) She is a woman
(b) She is conservative.

Pure tokenism IMHO.
Tuesday 2 September 2008 8.25am
Staggering. THe whole thing is staggering. And yet, despite McCain looking like a wax dummy and Sarah Thingy being absolutely without ANY background in running country, they are still neck and neck with Obama/Biden. I simply cannot understand the merkins.
Tuesday 2 September 2008 8.57am
I am spending too much time reading about the 2 candidates - Jackie do not read Andrew Sullivan's blog if you are short of time -
here

He was a Republican when editor of The New Republic - but he is a switcher. He has contempt for the Bush years and is hoping for a change in US politics.

He writes in The Sunday Times.
Tuesday 2 September 2008 9.17am
The whole "Is Trig really her child?" angle is also proving quite intriguing. Plus, I noticed with some alarm the adornments on the walls of SP's parents' house. That kind of thing may play well in Alaska, but the hunting trophies don't do it for me!
Tuesday 2 September 2008 9.38am
Isn't it all remarkable and you do wonder how the vetting has been: I just cannot imagine that the Republicans don't have any problem with this teenage pregnant girl.

Let's see how she does in the VP debate...
Tuesday 2 September 2008 10.58am
Call me naive, but I'm just reading an extraordinary biography of Frank Sinatra which goes into great detail about the Mafia, JFK and how he got elected.....it's all very nasty
Tuesday 2 September 2008 5.47pm
American politics ARE nasty.In fact I guess all politics are pretty nasty. But what depresses me is that people are so shallow and stupid. Now a whole lot of people are whooping about the fact that Mrs. Palin is a woman...oh PULEEEZ, so are lots of people. Doesnt mean being a woman qualifies you for anything other than being better at having babies than men.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 34

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network