USA Elections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 34
markadams99 Wednesday 3 September 2008 8.36am
I find the snootiness in this thread quite insufferable. "I just cannot imagine that the Republicans don't have any problem with this teenage pregnant girl" is laughably ignorant. Please someone define in which executive respects Obama is better qualified than Sarah Palin for a CEO's role?

Jackie, for someone who lives in Tel Aviv (forgive me if my memory's at fault) to prefer Obama strikes me as sheer cognitive dissonance. I shan't say 'shallow, stupid merkin' as I wouldn't know a merkin if it were served with chips.
Neil Wednesday 3 September 2008 1.12pm
markadams99 wrote:
Please someone define in which executive respects Obama is better qualified than Sarah Palin for a CEO's role?
He seems cleverer, to have better judgement, to be a better communicator, to have a better grasp of foreign affairs.

You'd actually vote for Palin ahead of Obama is she were the Presidential candidate?!
maurits Wednesday 3 September 2008 1.22pm
markadams99 wrote:
I find the snootiness in this thread quite insufferable. "I just cannot imagine that the Republicans don't have any problem with this teenage pregnant girl" is laughably ignorant.

I'd like to understand what you mean.
markadams99 Wednesday 3 September 2008 1.41pm
Neil wrote:
markadams99 wrote:
Please someone define in which executive respects Obama is better qualified than Sarah Palin for a CEO's role?
He seems cleverer, to have better judgement, to be a better communicator, to have a better grasp of foreign affairs.

You'd actually vote for Palin ahead of Obama is she were the Presidential candidate?!
You seem at a loss to answer the question. Obama has no executive experience other than running for President, which is a circular argument. Palin has the most executive experience of any of the four - a low bar anyway in this election. That's just a fact not an opinion. Obama's grasp of foreign affairs is to threaten to invade Pakistan, negotiate unconditionally with A'jad and apologize to Europeans for America's supposed shortcomings.
Maurits, conservatives in general, but especially in America, are far less prurient and censorious than liberals. The liberal view that Republicans would be horrified by the teenage pregnancy of a politician's daughter is laughable.

Not only would I vote for Sarah Palin over Obama, I'd vote for Michael Palin over Obama.
Neil Wednesday 3 September 2008 1.55pm
markadams99 wrote:
Palin has the most executive experience of any of the four
You seem to think that previous executive experience (in any form) is the only qualification for an executive post.
jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 3 September 2008 1.59pm
Sorry Markadam, but a)I live half the time in London b)have an American other half and b) a HUGE American family, and spent a lot of my life there. So I am entirely not removed from the politics of the USA. I dont know why you think I'm snooty....how odd. Those who know me would, I suspect, whatever else they say hardly choose that epithet. And yes, I think Obama is a first class BRAIN, which matters to me, particularly after I saw the job of the most powerful man in the world go to a guy who cant even string a sentence together. Sorry. If that's snooty...well, I kind of prefer someone with brains having his/her finger on the button.
markadams99 Wednesday 3 September 2008 2.04pm
Neil wrote:
markadams99 wrote:
Palin has the most executive experience of any of the four
You seem to think that previous executive experience (in any form) is the only qualification for an executive post.
Nice try at a deflection.
maurits Wednesday 3 September 2008 6.41pm
Maurits, conservatives in general, but especially in America, are far less prurient and censorious than liberals. The liberal view that Republicans would be horrified by the teenage pregnancy of a politician's daughter is laughable.[/quote]

It is reported that Sarah Palin supports abstinence only sex education.... and appears ineffective in managing her own daughter. Once again, I cannot imagine that the republicans like that, for a proposed Vice President.

And, while we're at it, let me explain that this is a forum- where, per definition, people share points of view. Let's respect the different points of view. The tone of your posts - 'Ignorant, snooty, laughable' strikes me as condescending and not very respectful of fellow posters. May I suggest a somewhat more constructive contribution?
jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 3 September 2008 9.23pm
Indeed. Pouring scorn is not a way to persuade people to your point of view marcadams, and making assumptons about those of us whom (I suspect) you have never met and dont know is not in the spirit of this Forum.
markadams99 Wednesday 3 September 2008 10.07pm
Well, Jackie, let's see, where to start....

1. You've used my name twice and misspelt it two ways.

2. I am scornful of the scornful references to 'shallow, stupid, merkins' who don't vote the way you say they should. I don't know if you are snooty personally and didn't say so. You took that upon yourself.

3. The only assumption made was this: "Jackie, for someone who lives in Tel Aviv (forgive me if my memory's at fault) to prefer Obama strikes me as sheer cognitive dissonance." I understand from your reply that you do live in Tel Aviv. Correct me if not.

4. You refute points which I haven't made by adducing your American relatives. Good for you. I too have American children. Maybe the attitudinising stems from insecurity about Obama's farcical lack of qualification.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 34

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions