dvd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 April 2008 11.14am
Would a Multi Region DVD work here in the U.K? Have tried to purchase a DVD of The Manitou on Amazon was not sure what that means.
Monday 21 April 2008 4.25pm
Hi Jan

This version of the movie will only play on a region 1 (US / Canada) DVD player, or a multi-region DVD player.

This version is for DVD players purchased in Europe or, again, multi-region players.

You can read about region codes here.
Monday 21 April 2008 4.33pm
And if you're trying to watch on a computer DVD player, then there are often little bits of code available on the internet that can "unlock" your DVD player to make it multi-region, rather than locking it to one region.

I've never heard of a multi-region DVD (I've only ever heard of multi-region players). But I'm not at all up to the minute on this (so maybe Jan can give us a masterclass when she's sorted it all out ;0)).

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 21 April 2008 5.51pm
I have never seen a film DVD with multi-region but I have seen TV aquariums, log fires and language DVD's with a multi-region playability (is that a word?) in HMV.
Tuesday 22 April 2008 8.47am
Thank you Boss St bloke...i've gorn an ordered it! and all this because i saw tony curtis on telly the other day...plus it was a good film, i hope it's as good as my memory of it.
Ivanhoe dearest, I can only give a masterclass in eating and enjoying!
Phoney fish tanks, fires and educational discs have these multi thingy's as well..
gordon bennett...:-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: