I must say I’m pleased with my NHS treatment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 April 2008 9.30pm
I must say I'm pleased with my NHS treatment I had a tooth pulled out at the hospital I didn't have to wait long and the hospital was brand new and immaculately clean and the staff very pleasant.
Wednesday 23 April 2008 11.59pm
So, you'll be voting for Ken, then?
Thursday 24 April 2008 12.18am
don't be ridiculous.

Ken Livingston isn the heath minister.
Thursday 24 April 2008 7.16am
INdeed, smart remarks aside, I really am cross with those who rubbish the NHS. People sometimes dont know how lucky they are. In America if you're ill you'd better die, every visit to the doctor, never mind anything in hospital, costs a fortune. I've never had anything but gratitude and respect for the NHS, and always remember to thank them profusely. Obviously there are mistakes and glitches, in such a huge organisation it's inevitable, and no one says it's perfect, but you try going somewhere else and comparing.
Thursday 24 April 2008 1.18pm
Wish my friend could say the same. Shes got terminal cancer only has a weeks to live. The doctor kept giving her fluid replacement drinks for dehydration for 8 months, instead of referring her to the hospital for tests.
Sunday 27 April 2008 9.51pm
But that's not the NHS. That's a lousy doctor.
Tuesday 29 April 2008 10.16pm
Thought Dr's were employed by the NHS??
Wednesday 30 April 2008 10.38am
Yes, but not all the doctors in the NHS are rubbish. And not all private doctors are wonderful either. But an individual doctor does not mean that the whole NHS is bad. Say what you like I think the NHS is super. Just try living without it.
Wednesday 30 April 2008 10.42am
I have to agree with Jackie. The NHS is far from perfect but it's only once you start experiencing other systems that you realise how good it actually is.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: