Creatine and Me

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 June 2008 8.17am
Hello All,

Not sure if any of you can help me with my query, but I thought I would try.

I have been taking creatine for 2 months now and although I can see the results (body shape changing and more muscle volume too) I am also putting on weight greatly, especially round my tummy, so I am now very confused as I am eating very healthily and going to the gym most days of the week.

I know muscle weights more than fat, etc and hence why i might be putting on weight, I was 80 kilos, 2 months ago, and now I am almost 86 kilos... and most of it is going round my tummy .... arrghhhhh!!!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday 2 June 2008 8.34am
Don't take it! Workout more and eat more protein. Benefits of creatine are far far outweighed by the problems it creates.
Monday 2 June 2008 8.46am
I took creatine a few years ago and agree that there were tangible results, but I was unhappy about possible side effects. Bloating because of greater water retention is common. There is also a link with kidney problems.
Monday 2 June 2008 3.37pm
One of the main effects of creatine is water retention which means you muscles appear bigger and more pronounced but as GaryS says, the best way of building more mass without any side effects is protein and exercise.
It will take a LOT longer (take it from me !)but some creatine side effects can be pretty nasty.
These sort of substances effect everyone in different ways so it may just be that it's not for you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: