The Deli Mayo peck...were you outraged?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 29 June 2008 9.03am
This advert has been withdrawn by Heinz. I don't know what I want to say...we live in an odd world. People try to see things that aren't there.

Andy from Stourbridge writes 'He is essentially ordered to kiss the "Deli Chef" which he does full on the lips. This emasculation of the male character within household adverts is insidious with many adverts of today, now showing men being bullied into homosexual acts in their own kitchens is taking it to a new extreme.'
Sunday 29 June 2008 10.20am
The british public aren't ready for slightly humourous metaphors! It is only the 21st century after all.
Sunday 29 June 2008 10.43am
I think the advert is brill - gets better every time I see it.

But, I think Heinz stirred up a hornets nest just to get folks talking about Heinz - obvious really.
Monday 30 June 2008 12.36pm
I think the Adios ad.should be banned, showing a young mum and daughter coming out of a dressing room after losing weight ( supposedly!) with Adios tablets..The implication being you have to take a tablet to lose weight instead of reducing food intake...and young girls have enough negative images to contend with anyway..

I love in Ing ad. showing the little curly haired girl dancing in a puddle.
Perhaps we should have a 'Hate' and 'Love' these ads. forum!
Monday 30 June 2008 2.55pm
No amount of kissing, homosexual or otherwise, would persuade me to buy Heinz mayonnaise.

(I love the "men being bullied into homosexual acts in their own kitchen" line. Presumably he means something like cooking a meal, or doing the washing up.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 30 June 2008 3.08pm
yes, indeed, Ivanhoe. That sort of thing leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. Hellman's is just as bad. In fact they all remind me of emulsion paint.
Monday 30 June 2008 10.56pm
There is a woman on the BBC site who says 'I was appalled at the advert. Having young children calling a man "mum" was sad, confusing, and so very wrong. Seeing same sex kissing is stomach-churning to most people who are not homosexual. Please keep adverts to appeal to the majority. I feel this was possibly deliberate to get discussion going and to brain wash people into eventually seeing these things as normal. What a sad reflection on life today.'

I worry for people like her. She seems the type that sits in front of her telly just waiting to be appalled. I do hope she doesn't have any children. Genes like hers shouldn't be allowed to be passed on.
Tuesday 1 July 2008 10.20pm
The problem is that these people represent a majority too scary for some producers/tv channels etc to ignore.....
Wednesday 2 July 2008 12.14pm
moriarty wrote:
I do hope she doesn't have any children. Genes like hers shouldn't be allowed to be passed on.

Whilst I share your sympathies, I would also make the observation that those kind of sentiments find a home in extreme right wing propaganda as well.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 2 July 2008 3.50pm
I think it's a COOL ad, and I'm really sorry that people out there are Mary Whitehousing away. What a shame. Too little fun anyway these days. UGH, really some people need to get a life.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: