Summer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 24 July 2008 10.32am
It's a really nice day, and there's been lots of nice days this year. Even when we've had nice summer days I expect, come winter, to hear people complaining that we didn't have a summer. What I really don't get is why earlier on Radio 4 a presenter referred to 'another disappointing summer'. What? It's nice isn't it?
Thursday 24 July 2008 10.52am
it's probably just not as nice as the summers he (she?) used to have as a child, you now the ones, long days playing outside doing whatever you want in the sun, with no worries or cares in the world, till your mom called you in for tea.
Thursday 24 July 2008 11.02am
Maybe I'm still a kid.
Thursday 24 July 2008 12.14pm
I sometimes think summer used to be better, but some photographs from lonmger ago than I care to admit tell me there is not necessarily that much change....
Thursday 24 July 2008 1.43pm
Ah the summers of yesteryear...going to Wales in August...it rained 13 days out of 14..we got burnt waiting for the train to takes us home from Phwelli, at that time it was just a halt not a proper station!
The seagulls were as big as turkeys and swam in the puddles, and the sheep poor things were wet and wooly with wellies!
Thursday 24 July 2008 2.22pm
It's a rubbish summer compared with 2006, which was blistering, but is otherwise a fairly normal British effort I'd have thought. Still, I would prefer more consistency with the weather - at least some blue sky and warm temperatures for a couple of months would be nice.
Friday 25 July 2008 10.12am
Actually I think it's a pretty shite summer - I judge it by the number of times we've been able to eat out or at least have our 6.00 G&Ts. Practically none.
Friday 25 July 2008 11.35am
We're only in July! We still have until the end of September, that's 2 months' worth of potentially great weather to look forward to.
Friday 25 July 2008 5.46pm
Really Jackie? It must be an altitude problem. Though admittedly some G&Ts taken out of doors have run the risk of dilution...
Friday 25 July 2008 7.01pm
For a second there I thought you said I've got an ATTITUDE problem and was about to get shirty...but indeed I suspect the altitude up here may be a problem. Thin air and all that you know...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network