Battersea Power Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 August 2008 10.07am
They've been giving guided tours every Saturday this month. Last one on 30th.
Pob
Thursday 28 August 2008 12.30pm
Have you been? If so what did you think?
Thursday 28 August 2008 1.09pm
I'm going on Saturday. I'll get back...
Thursday 28 August 2008 1.34pm
I went last Saturday and enjoyed seeing it up close. The tours are self guided and you dont get to go inside. They have models of the latest plans for redevelopment in a showroom that your herded into first of all, then you have to sign a disclaimer and follow a fenced pathway round the back and queue up to look inside one of the entrances. You can take photos and there were loads of people with fancy cameras. The fences are very high so if you bring an SLR look out for the gaps where people have stretched the wire to make room to poke the lense through to get that shot. They reckon it takes about 40 minutes and complimenary bottled water is provided.
Tuesday 2 September 2008 1.31pm
Went on Saturday. The exhibition bit was basically the content of the website on the walls. It was good to see the building close up. I thought it looked smaller than it does from a distance.
I don't have strong feelings either way about the new designs for the power station itself, it's just what you'd expect really. It's the building they're going to put next to it that's a problem. Why dwarf Battersea Power Station? How stupid.
Tuesday 2 September 2008 4.06pm
beetroot wrote:
Why dwarf Battersea Power Station? How stupid.

I totally agree Beetroot. That huge glass chimney is way out of proportion and far too big. The Evening Standard architect guy reckons they deliberately made it massive so when it gets refused planning permission the not so massive but still huge alternative proposal will seem smaller than it is and be more likely to be aprroved. Did you voice your opinion on your feedback form? Will they listen or care?
Monday 8 December 2008 2.50pm
Possible impact on views from South Bank, SE1

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 28 December 2008 11.18pm
if you cant go in, whats the point?!

i heard that some football team were gonna relocat there or is that just another in the long list of pie in the sky ideas?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: