Horse riding near London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 August 2008 10.05am
I'm April and I've just moved to London from New York. I'm looking for a stable to ride at (lessons, hacks, anything that gets me on a horse) and also a horse to loan/share. I ride hunters/jumpers but I'm interested in dressage as well. I realize I may have to travel out of the city a bit. If anyone has any tips on where to start looking I'd really appreciate it.
Sunday 31 August 2008 7.26pm
Someone I know who rides recommended this operation

It's near Paddington station and Hyde Park.
Sunday 31 August 2008 8.50pm
I like Mottingham Farm (020 8857 3003). It's not far on the train from London Bridge and not expensive.
Nothing too fancy but the horses are great. Say hello to Hooligan from me if you go!
Monday 1 September 2008 8.54am
Ah Mottingham farm, Beetroot..the times we sat in the car while my daughter had her lessons in the Menage then graduated to the long hack. she loved it there, we have many nice memories there with the little jack russells they had then..aah happy days..It was friendly too.

I think she went to the one at dulwich near the harvester but liked mottingham better.
Monday 1 September 2008 10.52am
There's still a Jack Russell, Jan. Likes to jump out and put the willies up your horse!
Monday 1 September 2008 10.58am
I used to go here:

many moons ago but it's tricky to get to by public transport.
Monday 1 September 2008 12.42pm
Beetroot - I must get new glasses, I thought the Jack Russell's were pulling the horses willies! lmao big time! :-)
Monday 9 February 2009 7.11pm
r u still looking for a horse to share? i have a beautiful 17hh dutch warmblood all rounder avail for share? he is stabled in bayford, nr hertford town, on full livery on a very friendly competition yard. he is genuine, fun and has lovely paces. loves to jump, hack and schools well. lots of hacking, instructors and facilities where we are, if you are interested please call sandra on 07877 555 719, thanks
Wednesday 18 March 2009 10.55pm
Also try Dulwich Riding School or Wimbledon Stables.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: