? what to do...!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 7 September 2008 10.17am
I work in london Bridge at a great up and coming hair & beauty salon. Its getting there after a good few years of hardwork. But i cant help thinking that i want MORE. Would it be really dis-loyal of me to leave.!!
Sunday 7 September 2008 2.52pm
Jayne wrote:
Would it be really dis-loyal of me to leave.!!

Of course not. It's your life - do whatever you want.

If you want a more challenging job with better prospects and more money then just go for it. Don't let anyone hold you back. There are some fantastic jobs out there... especially in London.

When I first moved here in 2000, I was stuck in boring, low-paid admin jobs for years. It was depressing, and made me feel worthless. But I was determined to build a career, and I worked really hard to improve my software skills and other abilities. I put together a really good CV which highlighted my skills and experience, then made appointments with dozens of recruitment agencies.

5 years on, I now work for a fantastic company in the heart of the West End, with an above average salary - more than double what I used to earn.

Best of luck with whatever you do :-)
Sunday 7 September 2008 5.16pm
I fully agree with wjfox2004, and what a great story by the way!

I think there is more disloyalty in staying where you are, when you don't really want to. Go for it!
Sunday 7 September 2008 6.01pm
thanyou for your replys.!! i think i may just go for it.! :) x
Monday 8 September 2008 10.29am
Although I completely agree, there is one thing to bear in mind. If it is up and coming, and developing well, ask yourself what you can do to improve within the company you work for now. Especially if you enjoy working there.

Present your view to manager/owner etc and see what they say. In that case, if it does not work out, you will always feel you've given it your best

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: