Lehmans

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 22 September 2008 7.03am
Can temporary workers employed by an agency receive redundancy pay?
Monday 22 September 2008 7.50am
I doubt it.
Monday 22 September 2008 1.17pm
In certain instances, Jan, yes they would be entitled. There is a 'deemed employment' clause in many agency contracts. Even without this clause, deemed employment is part of employment law.

I think I am right in saying that no company has to pay redundancy to an employee with less than two years continuous service. This will also impact on the employment regs.

A bit vague - but maybe hopeful?
Monday 22 September 2008 1.57pm
I have worked here about several years plus as my only booking, via the agency! at my age it's very unlikely I'll get another posting...:-(
Monday 22 September 2008 3.54pm
Jan, contact Citizens Advise Bureau, or a trade union. Once you've worked for a year at the same place your employment rights increase (which is why employers and agencies like 51 week contracts).
Monday 22 September 2008 7.32pm
Jan, try REC too. Your agency is likely REC registered. Even if not they may be able to advise.
Tuesday 23 September 2008 6.32am
BIRDIE! I thought you'd emigrated to New Zealand.
Tuesday 23 September 2008 11.54am
no that was TLMJJ - she emigrated, but is back for three weeks holiday. Birdie's been here all along.
Tuesday 23 September 2008 3.36pm
#Well, I think I knew that, since I was at TLMJJ's wedding and saw her off. Then Birdie went to visit. And Birdie came back. Since when Birdie has gone to ground. So I thought, er..well...perhaps NZ was SO great she decided to follow TLMJJs example.Just kidding, but really Birdie HAS been absent fromthe forum for ages. Meantime TLMJJ WHERE CAN WE SEE YOU??????(and pictures of the dog of course - never mind Davo).
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: