Who is receiving childcare costs? working tax credit?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 5 October 2008 7.54pm
Hi,

Wondering if anyone is receiving working tax credit? Can someone pls tell me the difference between wtc and child tax credit and child element? Do u know if the tax people will back date the payment of childcare cost as the nursery that my daughter will be attending are asking for a payment of 600 which covers 3 weeks. If receiving wtc, do i still get child tax credit? or is it all in one. Im abit confuse... your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks guys and ladies.

xxxx
Tuesday 20 January 2009 8.00pm
Hi, I'm not sure if your still looking for an answer to your question as it was posted a wee while ago :)

Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit can be paid together. You will receive WTC if you are employed working over 30 hours per week or are disabled and working over 16 hours per week on a low salary. You will receive CTC if you have a child under 16 or a child under 19 and still in non-advanced full time education. You may also be entitled to extra CTC if you pay for childcare. All WTC and CTC elements can be backdated by up to 3months from the date you informed the Tax Credits people. So you should have had your childcare costs backdated by 3months or to the start date of her care. Hope this help :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: