Singer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 23 October 2008 4.50pm
Anyone looking for a singer (inexperienced, good pedigree and enthuisiastic) for a band to sing: The Jam, The Smiths, The Beatles, The Undertones - that kind of stuff.

Thanks
Percy
Thursday 23 October 2008 5.32pm
Have you been to The Miller on music night? - might be worth getting yourself known with the bands there. Next live band nights are here.

Seen some really good stuff there, SE1's very own Anna Bengo being a fave.

If you get into a band post up where you plan to gig in SE1 - would defo come and see if you play the stuff in your original post.

Good luck mate!
Thursday 23 October 2008 7.27pm
Will a sewing machine do?
Thursday 23 October 2008 9.14pm
Jackie, that was my first thought too!

Percy, good luck--do let us know if you get a gig! (I do wonder what your pedigree has to do with it, though--are you a Pomeranian?)
Friday 24 October 2008 10.50am
and wouldn't being 'inexperienced' count against you?
Friday 24 October 2008 11.09am
Percy people often look down on it, but to keep practising is there no good karaoke near you?
Friday 24 October 2008 11.18am
Thanks for all your kind replies and pieces of advice - just looking for a band without a singer for some fun, though.

Best wishes
Percy
Friday 24 October 2008 12.17pm
Percy, there is a newspaper my daughter used to get..cant think of name - The Stage? used to be printed down bermondsey street, they often had requests for singers..
Friday 24 October 2008 12.32pm
Bands rarely lack a singer. The problem is usually finding someone who's prepared to be the bassist!
Friday 24 October 2008 2.18pm
Yes, The Stage. You can buy it at a lot of newsstands.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: